Happy Monday all! We had almost as positive of an appointment as we could have hoped for this morning!
We arrived 10 minutes early (shocking), and were called back before our actual appointment time.
Dr. F walks in smiling and thrilled to see us.
Ultrasound begins…My lining is checked and is super thin, as expected. This is due to the birth control pills, Clomid, etc. She wasn’t totally surprised that I am still experiencing some spotting, and she said it may continue. She doesn’t care about the lining until months from now when we will have our frozen embryo transfer.
Right ovary – Four follicles, measuring all very close to the same size, about 13mm. There are a couple other smaller ones. Dr. F said we should not count on these to catch up to the larger ones.
Left ovary – She said there are three good-sized follicles on the left, although she only actually measured one, which makes me wonder. There are also some smaller ones on this side, which likely will not produce a mature egg.
So as of now, she said we are working with SEVEN follicles, one more than the other day. I would have loved 13, again, but hey, I’ll take what we can get.
I asked if she thought my calendar would stay on track with an egg retrieval next Monday 9/21 – She thinks we may possibly have the retrieval one day sooner. This would mean SUNDAY. I freaked, temporarily, as she is not in the office every weekend, but THANK GOD she is scheduled this coming weekend!
Blood work was a piece of cake today. They drew E2 and a complete blood count panel for the anesthesiologist. I should get a call here shortly with the results.
I will be a disaster of course, but I cannot wait for surgery day to be here. That feels somewhat strange to say, but I just want to keep this path going as smooth and straight as it possibly can.
Overall, it seemed Dr. F was pleased to see how things looked and extremely happy with the synchrony of follicle growth and sizes. We go back tomorrow for another ultrasound at 9:15a. She will want to see that the follicles are still growing well and responding properly. We will most likely be adding in another injection called Ganirelix. This will prevent the larger follicles from ovulation or releasing their eggs early. There is a chance I may have daily ultrasounds this week up until retrieval…to be determined.
My acupuncturist has IVF patients come in on Day 5 of stims, so I will be headed there after work, can’t wait!
That is all for now. Another update to come tomorrow!
Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best. – Robert Tew